Updated Information: March 17, 2020
"Last Friday, March 13, I communicated to you that as the documented Coronavirus diagnoses grew in the area, we, the administration, staff, and Day School Committee of Faith Lutheran School would be monitoring the situation and getting advice from many sources. Over the weekend Governor Edwards updated his decision to ban all public gatherings of 50 or more. Therefore, Faith Lutheran School will be closed Tuesday, March 17 thru Monday, April 13. If these closure dates change, we will let you know.
It is important to note that your child’s education continues, even while they are not physically in the classroom. Therefore, the following important facts need to be emphasized: · Work will be assigned for each grade on a weekly basis
· All students are expected to complete the work assigned
· All work will be graded."
- If your child was in school all day, March 16, they brought all work and books for this week with them.
- Parents whose children were not in school March 16 should have picked up text books and work packets in the Activity Center today, March 17, from 3-6 pm.
- Starting Monday, March 23, and each subsequent Monday, all work from the previous week is to be returned to the Activity Center and all new work is to be picked up from 3-6 pm. Work will only be passed out and collected on Mondays.
***If you know of an FLS parent who did not pick up their child's work, please pass this along to them. They will be able to pick up their child's work for this week and for next week on Mar. 23.